The purpose of this Policy is to set out:
· how your personal information may be collected by Acme Corp during the course of your dealings with us;
· how we use personal information that we may obtain about you;
· the steps that we will take to ensure the accuracy of the information we obtain from you and how we will maintain its security; and your rights to gain access to the information that we obtain from you.
Acme Corp and its related or affiliated entities may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other applicable privacy laws.
Acme Corp collects and uses your personal information in order to: run our business and operations and fulfil our obligations; communicate and manage our relationship with you; maintain and update our records; prevent or detect fraud or abuses; enable third parties to carry out functions on our behalf and maintain and develop our business systems. Acme Corp may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email. If Acme Corp is not able to collect the personal information set out above, we may not be able to proceed with your order.
Acme Corp may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as Acme Corp :
• to employees and agents of Acme Corp to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Acme Corp now or in the future.
• agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
• to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
• if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
• If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
• If Acme Corp, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data we hold about you will be one of the transferred assets.
Acme Corp may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means any related body corporate, as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (as amended).
Acme Corp endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You are able to request access to personal information held by Acme Corp about you and seek correction of such information upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee of $20.